"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it." - George Moore

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Parker Family Reunion '09

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Family Reunion Photos
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Scott has the most amazing family, I feel so blessed to be a part of it. Every year they have a huge Parker family reunion (my mother-in-law Cheryl's side) and this year is was up by Mormon Lake. Being the history buff that I am, I was stoked to find out that the Parker's are direct descendants of the notorious train robber Robert LeRoy Parker, aka Butch Cassidy. I was overwhelmed trying to learn the names of over 70 of my new family members, but each and every one of them welcomed me and Kaiden with open arms. The highlight of my weekend was meeting Scott's Grandma Opal. She is one of the wittiest 82 y/o and I fell in love with her instantly. Unfortunately, Seth didn't get to go this time to experience the yummy cooking, stories, talent show, herds of elk, family auction, and olympic games. I'm already anxious for next year's reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment